Register of Deeds

Office Hours

8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday





Mailing Address

PO Box 865
Wilber, NE 68465


204 South High Street
Wilber, NE 68465


Nebraska Deeds Online

Documentary Stamp Tax Exemption Listing

Documentary Stamp Tax Table 

Clerk Video

Anita Bartels

Register of Deeds
Election Commissioner

The Register of Deeds office contains the history record of all real estate transactions. If a register of deeds is not elected pursuant to section 32-518, the County Clerk shall act as ex officio register of deeds.


Filing Fees for Register of Deeds

Schedule of Recording Fees as set forth in Nebraska State Statutes: §33-109, §76-901, §23-1503.01, and §23-1510


FILING FEES (Effective Jan. 1, 2013, LB14)

First page: $10.00
Each additional page: $6.00

The above fees are required for ALL documents filed in the Register of Deeds’ office, except for the following NO-FEE documents:

  • Federal Tax Lien Termination;
  • State Tax Lien Termination; and
  • Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Termination.

All other document space-and-filing requirements remain the same (LB254).


DOCUMENTARY STAMP TAX (Effective July 1, 2005)

Documentary Stamp Tax on deeds: $2.25 per thousand dollars of actual purchase price on transactions which are not exempt under state statute.  If the property transfers for nominal consideration, documentary stamp tax will be due on the assessed value.

Real Estate Transfer Statement (Form 521) is available at  as a fillable form.

FEDERAL and STATE TAX LIENS: The Register of Deeds office will ONLY record tax liens received from the Nebraska Secretary of State’s office.

CERTIFIED COPIES: $2.00 for first page plus $1.50 for each additional page. 


Public Records Requests using Nebraska Public Records Law

Nebraska Public Records Statutes: The Nebraska Public Records Statutes provides citizens of this state with the guarantee that public government records stay public. The description found here details NEB. REV. STAT. 84-712 thru 84-712.09 (2008). Likewise, referencing information in PDF format can be found here.


Records requests can be sent to the department, board, or committee who is in charge of the desired records.  If you know what office has the record you’re requesting please go to "OFFICES" and choose the correct place for your request and send an email or phone request from there. However, if you are not sure which department is in charge of the desired records, you may send the request to the County Clerk's office. Once the request is received, you will be contacted about your request and inform you of any fee involved to further process and finalize your request.